20040711

Fiddler's Green, or
Puttering all around the house (A maid?)
-----

Not much else to report at this time, aside from the fact that it's rained almost every day (albiet off and on, not constantly) for a fortnight. I've gotten bored and decided to move most of the furniture in my apartment around, plus buy more furniture (bookshelves) in the future. I even had a Sketch-Up model of the room built and ready to go, but I hit the wrong button and the damned thing disappeared on me. Ah... technology.

So I've pretty much talked myself out of going up the Hill tomorrow, except that I need to print the Change of Address form off and I ought to buy a little half-gallon of milk (I know, I know, you're thinking "Geez, you wanker, you just went and bought groceries last Thursday, what's wrong with you?" but I put a lot of milk in my tea and coffee, you understand). I'll probably go up the hill, but not stop by the English Department and see what's going on, because, well, I should trust Mark, right? He's in a better position to know about who's in the program and who's not than Booker is. My only concern is that I haven't seen paperwork from the department yet, and I'd like to see that before I leave for Conway. I guess the problem is that I don't know what the next step is going to be, and I don't know who to ask about that. And then there's financial aid, for which I cannot apply until I am enrolled as a student, and that could be as late as the 16th of August. (grabs hair, pulls, makes various angry, frustrated noises) Incidentally, my estimated need for the coming semster is about $6000, including Tuition & Fees for 9 hours (three classes), Room & board, and books. It's not that bad, except that I'll need it really soon, and I'll have slightly less than 1/6th of it by the start of Fall term.

Nothing else at the moment, except that the pie was exceptionally good, as was the curry I made yesterday. I'm actually getting better at this whole "cooking" thing, or at least more experimentative, which is fun considering I never really got to play around before.

No comments: